remote or hybrid archive asset management solution
Digital media assets are our customers capital goods. Most often monetization happens directly on selling such assets to end-users or business customers. Sometimes they are used to indirectly stimulate the sales of other goods that they advertise for. In any case the digital assets have to be stored safely, need to be found fast and shall be made use of easily.
Digital media assets often consist from a video or audio as master essence and other essences like browsing proxy, dubbed audio & subtitles in multiple languages, thumbnails, pictures, graphics, descriptive metadata like synopsis, description, structural data, business metadata like rights, pricing and technical metadata like resolutions, framerates, bitrates etc.
Archive consists from the x-dream-Fabrik modules Upload & Archive. It can be combined with all source modules like Record, Ingest, ProXchange, with the post-production product Produce and with the output products like Publish, Deliver and Playout.
Archive manages individual media assets as well as series, seasons and episodes. Either the upload or ingest of a new master essence creates a new asset or an asset is created based on metadata without any essence files at that stage. The ultimate goal in any case is enriching all kinds of metadata by either automatically importing, AI creating and manually editing. This makes your content searchable and suitable for monetization. Thus the other need is creating browsing proxies & thumbnails, audio & subtitle language versions and technical delivery versions from the master video or audio essence. Related files like the screenplay, dialog script, cast list etc. are completing the asset package for any type of usage.
Archives built media player shows the browsing proxy video of an asset by default. But any other audiovisual essence can be selected and played. The player offers trimming and setting markers e.g. for ad insertion. Subtitle essences can be selected and displayed. And finally timed metadata can be shown and manipulated as well as.
For series with or without seasons or content from sports, news, etc. the assets can be organized in a three-level hyracy. More levels can be provided on special request.
Beside the original = master asset any derived editorial version such as directors cut, trailer, or technical versions such as browsing proxy, streaming renditions can be stored.
Language versions are stored as separate audio essence files along with the video master file. There are more examples like sound tracks, separate dialogue tracks.
The subtitles in various languages are stored again as separate subtitle essence files along with the video master file.
The thumbnail is automatically created for any other video source essence, e.g. master, trimmed version to represent the asset in the GUI. Other pictures are either taken from the video as well or delivered separately, e.g. cover picture, series picture, season picture, episode picture, chapter picture, etc.
On one hand there is structured metadata like title, genre, categories, sub categories, creation year, release date, age rating, etc. And on the other hand there is unstructured metadata like synopsis, description, directors, actors, filming locations, etc.
Extended metadata is needed for the cross-media publishing in course of monetizing the content, e.g. publishing target platforms, content usage rights, business models, pricing, etc.
Technical metadata relates to the individual essence files and describes the technical parameters of each individual file, e.g. format, codec, resolution, framerate, framemode, bitrates, sampling rates, bit depth, etc.
An approval flag might be the most common way to block or release content. Other examples might be date and time for an automatic publishing / unpublishing.
The pricing model of Archive Module is composed from the following elements:
1) Monthly base fee includes 10 download users.
2) Agreed number of download users will be invoiced monthly in advance. Additional download users will be invoiced by end of each month.
1) In and out-bound data transfer will be measured and invoiced by end of each month.
2) In and out-bound data transfer will be measured. Agreed volume will be invoiced monthly in advance. Additional data transfer will be invoiced by end of each month. Price for additional data transfer is 0.05 €/GByte.
3) In and out-bound data transfer will be measured. When utilizing the agreed bitrate maximum the calculated fee will be invoiced monthly in advance. When utilizing a higher bitrage for more than 5% of the time the additional transfer bitrate will be invoiced by end of each month. Price for additional transfer bitrate is 50.00 €/100 Mbps.
4) Data storage volume will be measured and invoiced by end of each month.
5) Data storage volume will be measured. Agreed volume will be invoiced monthly in advance. Additional data storage volume will be invoiced by end of each month. Price for additional data storage volume is 0.25 €/GByte.
For Transcoding and Quality Control prices please see Chained Process Pricing.